Can CBD Give You Energy?
When feeling sluggish and unmotivated, it’s likely that you reach for a cup of coffee or some carbs. However, did you know that cannabidiol (CBD) can actually boost your energy levels in a totally gentle and natural way? Many people associate hemp with feeling drowsy, slow, and unmotivated. Yes, it’s true that many of its strains can cause you to feel sleepy. It is also true that high doses of CBD may result in drowsiness for some people.
To the surprise of many, however, cannabidiol can actually act as a stimulant. Its ability to energize you rather than sedate you comes down to several factors that we will be covering.
Is CBD a Real Energy Booster?
Cannabidiol can absolutely boost your energy levels. In fact, one study found that young adults who took CBD in the morning exhibited a dramatic increase in cognitive function. The study concluded that CBD can boost memory and alertness while improving reaction time.
What Should You Know About CBD and Energy Levels?
So, as you can see, CBD’s ability to act as a stimulant may come as a surprise. However, by knowing about different the various stains and dosing methods that are currently available, you’ll be able to try out its stimulating effects in order to see for yourself what this amazing chemical compound has to offer when buying and taking it in order to get that said energy boost.
Indica vs. Sativa
Anyone who is familiar with the hemp plant knows that it has many different strains. Indica and sativa refer to two different species of cannabis and both species consist of families of individual cannabis strains.
- Indica refers to a family of strains that have sedating effects. These strains are often used by those who suffer from anxiety or insomnia.
- Sativa acts in a completely different way. These strains have a slight energizing effect on a person’s mind and body. For this reason, many people who use CBD often prefer sativa strains as they do not put them to sleep.
Note: Cannabidiol is also available in hybrid forms (indica and sativa combined). Needless to say, CBD that is derived from the sativa species is capable of providing you with a boost in energy.
The amount of cannabidiol that you consume at any given time also determines how much your energy levels will increase. Research has shown in the past that lower doses of CBD will provide you with a very mild increase in energy can last for several hours. If you consume a much larger dose of CBD at one time, its stimulating effects will decrease, and it can actually result in drowsiness.
Those who are interested in using cannabidiol for its stimulating effects may decide to micro-dose throughout the day. Micro-dosing refers to the practice of taking very small doses of CBD over a long period of time rather than taking a large dose at once. This method allows you to enjoy its stimulating effects over the course of the day without the risk of crashing.
What Else Should You Be Aware of Before Using CBD to Increase Energy Levels?
Despite research supporting the fact that cannabidiol can increase energy levels, that doesn’t necessarily mean that everyone will respond to its stimulating effects in the same manner. In fact, some people may find that CBD makes them feel drowsy regardless of the strain that they select or the dosage at which they consume it.
- It goes without saying that everyone’s body chemistry is different. This is why some people can achieve headache relief with popular over-the-counter medications while others cannot. This applies to cannabidiol as well.
- Additionally, some people may find that they crash as the effects of cannabidiol start to wear off. This is important to keep in mind if you plan on taking CBD (no matter the form/delivery method) during the daytime.
- If you want to test the effects that CBD has on your energy levels, start with a low dose, and see how it feels. If you’re satisfied with its effects, then you may gradually increase the amount that you consume.
- Also, for any beginners out there, best to take cannabidiol when you don’t have any serious responsibilities to tend to for the rest of the day. This way, you’ll be prepared in the event that the CBD makes you feel drowsy.